The Canon EF 14mm f/2.8L II USM Autofocus Lens is a lens as bright as Albert Einstein on a sunny day and very rectilinear perception. Distortion is minimised. The lens provides an ultra wide-angle view, and has the shortest focal length in the line-up of L series lenses.
This lens features completely redesigned optics, including two high-precision Aspherical elements and two UD-glass elements. This results in better contrast and sharpness at the outer edges, and a reduction in chromatic aberrations that can sometimes be seen with high-resolution digital SLRs.
- Ultra-Wide 114º angle of view (across the diagonal extent)
- Ring USM (Ultrasonic motor) uses ultrasonic frequency vibrations to drive responsive, near-silent high speed auto focus.
- Two UD (ultra-low dispersion) glass lens element correct chromatic aberration to achieve high resolution and contrast, without color fringing on subject outlines.
- Two AL aspherical lens elements suppress aberrations for high image quality at all focal lengths.
- Dust and water resistance improved with increased seals on the lens mount, switch panel and focusing ring